In honor of Earle J. Fennell, ACSM President 1966-1967 and ACSM Executive Director 1968-1971, ACSM created this award to be presented for distinguished educational contributions to the surveying and mapping profession.
Since the ACSM/NSPS merger, NSPS continues the tradition of this award. Persons who have worked in any aspect of surveying and mapping education may be nominated. The nominee may or may not be a professional educator but should have a sustained record of superior performance in surveying and mapping education for more than ten years at the local, state, or national level.
Awards can be made posthumously.
Credible nominations should be accompanied by at least three letters of support which amplify the specific educational contributions made by the candidate.
The nomination letter should include the following:
• Full name of nominee.
• Educational record of the nominee, including name of High School and College degree(s) earned, and year(s) received.
• Affiliations with surveying and mapping organizations/associations.
• Place of employment (including previous employment if appropriate).
• Statement of educational activities, including involvement in two-year, four-year, and graduate degree programs, continuing education activities, conferences and short courses, etc., with locations, dates, and titles, as appropriate.
• Local, state, and national committees on which the candidate has served, including dates and description.
• Previous honors and awards.
• Name of person making nomination and date.
The deadline for submitting nominations is April 30, 2018
Mail nominations to:
Attn: Fennell Award
5119 Pegasus Court, Suite Q
Frederick, MD 21704