NSPS offers certifications to help enhance your career!
Certified Survey Technician
CST is a comprehensive national certification program for survey technicians, and is sponsored by the National Society of Professional Surveyors. The program is recognized by the U.S. Department of Labor within its National Apprenticeship Program. The Certified Survey Technician Board administers the program, which is intended to gauge technical capabilities and general knowledge of workplace safety and procedures.
Four levels of certification are offered in two primary tracks - field and office. Certification is by examination, which must be monitored by an approved Proctor.
For more information visit www.cstnsps.com
Add credibility to your contract proposals and increase your opportunities.
NSPS - THSOA Hydrographer Certification is well-recognized and considered by many Federal, State and local agencies as well as private firms, seeking subcontractors when evaluating technical proposals for marine engineering, surveying, and construction. These include port authorities, NOAA and the Corps of Engineers. The certification program is also endorsed by The Hydrographic Society of America which provides financial support through annual contributions.
Designed for hydrographers with five years of experience, NSPS - THSOA Certification authenticates your work experience and gives credence to your resume. Earn certification through examinations offered throughout the year. Don't get left behind as others obtain certification, get the great job offers and empower their companies to be awarded contracts.
For more information visit https://www.nsps.us.com/page/Certification
Certified Federal Surveyor
The Certified Federal Surveyor (CFedS) program will:
- Increase the pool of qualified surveyors to perform work on or near federal interest lands.
- Ensure such surveys comply with regulations and policies decreasing the chance and expense of rework.
- Provide opportunities to increase self-determination for Indian tribes.
- This site provides an internet home for CFedS surveyors and groups that are requiring the services provided by the CFedS.
To qualify for the CFedS Program, registered/licensed land surveyors must meet the following requirements:
- Be a registered/licensed land surveyor under state law in at least one state;
- Have no disciplinary actions within the last 5 years with any state registration board or court resulting in the loss of surveying privileges.
Pre-registered/pre-licensed land surveyors must have passed the NCEES Fundamentals of Surveying examination.
For more information visit www.cfeds.org