There are a number of services that only a licensed Professional Surveyor is allowed to provide, specifically those related to the location of property boundaries, but Surveyors also provide a wide variety of land related services such as location, topography, spatial position, and land use planning. Basically, anything related to land location and use will generally require the services of a Professional Surveyor.
A few of these services include;
- Boundary line surveys and consultation;
- Subdivision of land;
- Topographic maps and accident site maps;
- Construction surveys for placement of planned buildings, facilities, utilities, etc.
- Flood insurance maps (FEMA Flood Certificates; Letters of Map Amendment, etc.)
- Hydrographic maps (maps of the topography underwater);
- Volumetric calculations for stockpiles (coal piles, etc.);
- Control networks to reference property within a specific local, state, or national geospatial framework.